After the Geduino navigation stack was ready I started tests on it. Generally speaking it is working but some problems occurs with GMapping (that provide SLAM algorithm) localisation (see this video). It seems to be related to odometer performance and GMapping settings.
- improve Geduino odometry update frequency;
- improve Geduino odometry precision;
- use ROS bag simulation to test and find the best GMapping configuration.
- motion9 (mpu9150_msgs/StampedMotion9): it contains raw motion 9 data from MPU9150. The goal is to integrate those informations (using Kalman Filter) in order to improve odometry precision;
- md25/status (md25_msgs/StampedStatus): it provide information about MD25 board status (voltage and current). The goal is to use it for diagnostic purpose;
- power (geduino_msgs/StampedPower): it provide information about Geduino power source (voltage and power source type). The goal is to use it for diagnostic purpose (especially when powered by Li-Po battery is important to monitor the voltage).
- testing odometry precision and apply corrections (UMBMark test);
- improve odometry precision by Motion9 data (Kalman Filter);
- test different GMapping configurations.